Frequently Asked Questions
We hope the answers below will help to answer your questions. If you would like to speak to a member of our Customer Services team please call 0800 988 1286.
- Do I have to register an account with BeanBagBazaar to place an order?
- Yes. You need to register your name, contact details and delivery address details in order to place an order with BeanBagBazaar.
- I’ve moved house, can I update my address?
- Yes you can edit the information on your account by logging in and clicking on the "Manage Addresses" section where you can update your personal details.
- Can I track my order online?
Yes, simply login to your account and you will find a table with your order history – displaying both previous completed orders and outstanding orders. Select the order you wish to view and there will be a column displaying the status of that product. You will be able to see whether the order is being processed or has been dispatched.
Once your item has left our warehouse you will receive a dispatch email with the Tracking Number and details of your parcel carrier. You can then track your item via the carrier website or the carrier customer service team.
- How do I know if you have received my order?
- When we receive your order, you will be taken to an Order Confirmation screen which will detail what you’ve ordered, your billing and delivery address, and will provide you with your order confirmation number. This information will also be emailed to you using the email address you provided in the order process.
- What if I haven’t received an email order confirmation?
- Please double check the order confirmation email hasn’t gone into your junk mail or spam account. If you still haven’t received it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Freephone our Customer Services team on 0800 988 1286.
- Can I add to an existing order?
You can add items to your checkout basket at any time before the payment screen. If you have already placed an order but wish to add more items to the same order, please call Customer Services on 0800 988 1286 who may be able to add to your existing order (if the order has not yet left our warehouse). If your order has already left our premises (you can check this by checking the My Account section of the site), simply place a new order.
- Can I place an order from overseas?
- Yes you can place an order from overseas, as long as the delivery address is within Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly or Isle of Wight (surcharges apply, please see the Delivery page). We also offer delivery to Zone 1 Europe, see the Delivery page for more details.
- Do you have a shop or can I visit your warehouse?
- We are solely an online retailer and do not have a show room. However, if you live nearby (we are based in Northumberland, just north of Newcastle-upon-Tyne) and you are after something particular, please call 0800 988 1286 or email email@example.com, and we will be able to fill a bean bag up for you in advance for collection. Please make sure you call in advance so we can prepare a bag for you prior to your arrival. We also offer the chance to see colour and fabric samples.
- Do you have a catalogue I can buy from?
- No - all of our products are available online and we strive to keep this as up to date as possible. Our website is our online catalogue!
- How can I pay for my purchases?
We accept most credit and debit cards, including Mastercard, Visa Credit Card, Visa Debit Card, Visa Electron, Maestro, or Solo. We’re sorry but we don’t accept American Express.
We never store your credit card details or keep them on file and offer 100% secure transactions.
- What should I do if my credit/debit card was refused when placing an order?
- If your credit or debit card was refused while placing an order on beanbagbazaar.co.uk, please re-submit your order using a different card. For details on why your card was refused, please contact your card issuer.
- I have a discount code, how do I use it?
Occasionally we issue discount voucher codes for limited periods as a promotional offer. If you have a code, simply enter it into the Promotional Code box at the checkout and click ‘update’ to apply it to your order. If you do not apply it at this point, we will not be able to apply it later on (although you may be able to use it for a subsequent order).
To get discount codes & news of our latest offers, just sign up to our newsletter - we only send around 3-4 a year.
- What is in a Bean Bag?
- We have created in-depth information on all our bean bags in our Bean Bag Buying Guide.
- What size shall I get?
- The size of your bean bag totally depends on who you are buying it for, how they will be using it, and how much space you have! Generally we advise bigger is better, but it all depends on the user, space and budget. Kids bean bags are ideal for playrooms and bedrooms, while a larger bean bag chair can be used by adults of all sizes. An outdoor bean bag is even designed to be used in the garden. See our Bean Bag Buying Guide and Size Guide for more details or call our Customer Services team if you need some more advice.
- Can you give me more information on your products?
- We try to provide most of the information on our bean bag chairs on the website in the Product Description, including size measurements. However, if you require further information or advice on buying a bean bag, please call our Customer Services team on 0800 988 1286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also please refer to our Bean Bag Buying Guide.
- Do you offer fabric or colour samples?
- Yes, we highly recommend you get a fabric sample, particularly if you are trying to match items with your existing furniture. We offer a FREE Fabric & Colour Swatch Service. You could also refer to our Fabric Guide. We can send you out a colour or fabric sample – simply call 0800 988 1286 or email email@example.com where our Customer Services team will be able to send you a sample out by post.
- My beans have all squashed down. Can I buy any top up refill?
- Dependent on use, beans may squash down over time. Due to the nature of the product there may come a time after 3-6 months where a top up maybe required. You can buy refill bean bag beans from the Bean Bag Filling section. If you are unsure of how many cubic feet of beans you require, please call 0800 988 1286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org where our staff will be able to advise you.
- Will my bean bag arrive ready filled?
- Some of our larger bean bags may come in two or more separate boxes but can be filled easily in less than 60 seconds. See our video How to Fill a Bean Bag in Less Than 60 Seconds
- The website is saying the colour I want is out of stock – when will it be back in?
- We aim to keep the full range of colours in stock at all times. If the colour is displaying ‘out of stock’ we should be getting the colour back in stock in due course – usually within a couple of weeks. For more information on stock availability and when we expect an item to be back in stock, please call 0800 988 1286 or email email@example.com.
- I have seen an item on your website before, but now I can’t find it. Is it out of stock?
- We try to keep our website up to date with the latest stock and colour options available from our warehouse. If you have seen a particular item previously, and it is no longer online, it is probably out of stock. However please call 0800 988 1286 where our Customer Services Team may be able to give you further information on when the item will be coming back in stock or whether they could recommend anything similar.
- Do I have to have my order delivered to my home address?
Not at all! We actually recommend you select an alternative delivery address (particularly if you are out of the house most of the day as you will need to sign for your item). You can do this by selecting the option "I wish to enter an alternative delivery address" at the bottom of the address form at the checkout. You can select a business address or a friend or neighbour.
Please note you can only select an alternative delivery address if you are ordering online as we know your payment will be verified by your card provider. Unfortunately if you call our Customer Service Team to place an order, you will only be able to send the order to the address where your card is registered. Credit card fraud has increased exponentially in recent years and unfortunately we need to protect ourselves against this type of fraud. This means that orders placed over the phone can only go to the registered card address. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Where do you Deliver?
Please see our Delivery Information page, which explains that we offer standard delivery to the UK mainland for free. We can ship to Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, outlying Scottish Highland postcodes, the Channel Islands or Ireland for an extra charge. For more information check out our Delivery Information page or contact our Customer Services team on 0800 988 1286 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
BeanBagBazaar now offers international shipping to Zone 1 Europe - please call us on +44 (0)1670 594 139 for a shipping quote. We also deliver to BFPO addresses and this option is available via our call centre by telephoning 0800 988 1286.
- Do I have to be there to sign for delivery?
Yes – our delivery service is a signed for and trackable courier service. This is the most secure way of delivering items.
You will have the option of leaving special instructions for the delivery driver (e.g. leave in a safe place / with a neighbour, etc.) during the checkout process. Please note this is at your risk.
- Will you deliver in adverse weather conditions?
- We will make every effort to deliver where possible. While our warehouse is in Northumberland, our couriers and their depots are located throughout the UK, and we cannot account for any adverse weather conditions they may experience. Weather conditions vary county to county, however we will always deliver where we can!
- What are my delivery options?
We offer the following delivery options:
- Free Delivery (2-3 Working Days) UK Mainland Delivery - FREE!
- Outlying Scottish postcodes and Highland & Islands - £11 per item and £7 for each subsequent item
- Northern Ireland, Isle of Scilly, Isle of Man - £11 per item and £7 for each subsequent item.
- Channel Islands - £11 per item and £7 for each subsequent item
- Republic of Ireland Standard Delivery - £11 per item
- Zone 1 Europe - call us on +44 (0)1670 594139 for a quote
- BFPO addresses - call us on +44 (0)1670 594139 for a quote
See our Delivery Information page for more details on each of the options.
- Can I specify a delivery date when ordering?
- No - We offer Free Delivery (2-3 Working Days), but you cannot specify an exact date.
- What time of day will my order be delivered?
You can expect your item to be delivered any time between 7am-7pm. Some of our carriers will even send you a free of charge text message (if you have entered your mobile number at checkout) informing you of the expected one hour time slot for delivery of your parcel. Unfortunately delivery drivers are unable to call customers ahead of delivery as, due to the Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) (Amendment No. 4) Regulations 2003, our carriers no longer issue their drivers with mobile telephones.
- What happens if I'm out when you deliver?
If you miss your delivery real-time tracking will confirm this and will give contact details/instructions for how to reschedule or arrange collection of the order from your local depot. See our Delivery Information page for more information on missed deliveries.
If the carrier has attempted delivery and no one is available, it will be returned to the carrier depot. Once the item is returned to the depot, they will hold the item for approximately 5 days. If the item is not collected or if you have not organised a re-delivery within this timeframe, the item will be returned to us. If you would like re-delivery after the item has been returned to us, then you will need to pay a re-delivery fee – we would need to quote for this individually as it depends on the carrier we use and the size of your item. Please call 0800 988 1286 or email email@example.com for more information. Also refer to our Delivery Information page.
Alternatively, you will have the option to input special delivery instructions to our couriers during checkout (e.g. leave with neighbour, leave on porch etc.).
- Can I return my bean bag?
Yes we accept returns.
In light of recent events, we are extending our returns policy. We understand it may be difficult for you to return your item at this time. Please wait until you are able to safely do so and once your items arrive back to us in a new and unused condition, we will issue your refund. Please insure you include your delivery note inside the box so we are able to identify your order and issue your refund.
You are responsible for returning the item to us at your expense. From previous customer feedback, we recommend Parcelforce or DPD Local for larger boxes and multiple box returns. Please ensure to take reasonable care of the goods so that they arrive with us in the same condition as they were delivered.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any more questions!
- There is a problem with my order.
- We take the utmost care to ensure that every item sent out is in pristine condition and up to our high standards. Very rarely something may go wrong and this is not okay with us! If you have noticed any problems with your order, please email email@example.com and our Customer Services team will do all they can to resolve the issue right away.
- I have received the wrong item in my order.
- If you have received the wrong item in your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Customer Services team will sort you out with the correct item right away.
Faulty & Damaged Goods
- Do you offer a guarantee?
We guarantee the design, fabric and manufacture of all products against reasonable wear and tear for a period of one year from the date of purchase (excluding bean bag filling). For commercial use customers, this guarantee is limited to 6 months. For pet bed products we offer a three month guarantee due the nature of the product.
BeanBagBazaar bean bags contain Fire Retardant EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) Virgin Polystyrene Beads. Polystyrene beans will flatten (dependant on usage) and topping up your beanbag may be necessary. Bean bag filling is available on our website for all your refill needs.
Your statutory rights under English Law are not affected in any way.
- What if my bean bag is faulty?
- If however, in the unusual case that you feel our bean bags are not up to scratch, please email email@example.com for instructions on what to do. Please note we will usually ask for a photograph of the damage in order to determine whether it is a manufacturing fault. This may result in BeanBagBazaar offering to repair or replace your bean bag cover free of charge. If there is a fault with your item, we strongly advise you get in touch as soon as possible so we can get the issue resolved right away.
- What if my bean bag is damaged in transit?
- We advise customers to check carefully for any transit damage before signing for the parcel. If you are unsure, or there is transit damage to your product, sign for the item and clearly write "damaged product". In this instance please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will quickly ensure that you get a perfect product with no additional cost to yourself.